Located on 400 acres in the Green Mountains of Vermont, Lakeside Retreats at Camp Akeela is a spot where groups can really "get away from it all" with spectacular scenery, privacy, and an abundance of outdoor activity choices. In addition to the natural wooded beauty of Vermont's mountains, the property also boasts a location along the shores of Miller Pond, a pristine secluded lake, and is surrounded by some of the best hiking in New England. Despite the "remote feel" Akeela is easily accessible by car (2 1/2 hours from Boston, less than 5 hours from NYC) and by plane (it's 25 minutes from Hanover, NH and the West Lebanon airport).
- Adventure Sports: climbing wall, zip-line, low ropes course
- Baseball/Softball: 1 field
- Basketball: 1 court
- Soccer: 1 field
- Lakefront with boating and canoeing
- Pavillion with stage for meetings, performances, floor hockey
- Dining hall for ping-pong, table hockey, movies, etc.
- Tennis: 3 clay courts
- Heated swimming pool
- CABINS: 15, 10 beds per cabin
- BEDS: 150
- BATHROOM FACILITIES: Toilets, sinks and showers in all cabins
- PRIVATE HOUSING: Limited available
- DINING: Family-style and buffet dining
- Open-Air Pavillion / Theater
- Dining Hall
- Outdoor Fireplace with Meeting Area
- Stunning Lakeside Campfire Ring
It isn't all about the outdoors at Akeela... all the lodgings and the dining facilities have been beautifully renovated.
- MAKE A RESERVATION > Make a reservation request for
Camp Akeela now!
- SEE ALL OUR CAMPS > Feel like browsing, or you already have a
specific camp in mind? Get your info here!
- Religious groups
- Spiritual & Yoga groups
- Men's & Women's retreats
- College RA & Leadership training
One Thoreau Way
Thetford Center, VT 05075
- Connecticut River
- Hanover, NH, home of Dartmouth College
- White Mountains